header

Ireland Roots?

You have guest access to browse, login, or register.

Looking for family roots in Ireland

Jonathan Flanagan - 09:28pm Mar 19, 1997 Irish

My name is Jonathan Flanagan and I am a third generation Irish American. I live in Falls Church, Virginia (just outside Washington DC) Would like to establish contact other Flanagans living in Ireland.

Earliest MessagesPrevious MessagesAll Messages (41 previous messages)

bhamilton - 01:03am Nov 16, 2001 Irish (#42 of 126)

Rev Andrew Hamilton b. 1613 was alive 1680, and his son Rev James Hamilton b. 1638 of Mongevelin Castle, Co. Donegal D 1689, and his son Audley Harrison Hamilton, b. 1674, Donegal/Tyrone d. 1762, North of Ireland. Book "History of the House of Hamilton" by Col George Hamilton pp 1117-18 Mountgavelin, Rev James R. Taughboune Chruch Churchtown Donegal Ireland, north of Mountgavelin castle on the Foyle. EMAIL bhamilton@dnet.net

Kathy Walter - 05:04am Mar 7, 2002 Irish (#43 of 126)

Looking for any family history for Daniel Foley b. 1838 Castlecomer(Chatsworth?), Kilkenny. He married Jane Germaine b. 1849, Baltinglass, Co. Wicklow. Immigrated to USA approx 1880's . Nebraska.Thanks Kathy Foley Walter

Carol Gill - 02:59pm Jul 1, 2002 Irish (#44 of 126)

McParlin. Trying to trace GGrandfather Lawrence McParlin from Ireland. Father Lacky McParlin Mother Maria Reed.

Marjorie Grundy - 09:19pm Sep 3, 2002 Irish (#45 of 126)

Marjorie Grundy,looking for family of John Doyle, who lefy Ireland {part unknown} to settle in Manchester, England during the early 1800's. Married to a Mary ? Heywood and had children named Ada, Andrew, Thomas Mail to Margie@worsley103.fsnet.co.uk

Michele Chartrand - 02:59am Oct 17, 2002 Irish (#46 of 126)

my name is Michele chartrand and i am looking for any information on the Gavigans in Ireland. From what has been past on orally thru the gens is that my GGGgrandfather John Michael Gavagan ( the spelling changed in the 1900's) was that he died taking a bull to the roscommon fair leaving behind his wife and atleast 3 childern 2 girls in their early teens and a baby boy that was given to relation Sweeney because of the potatoe famine. they came over to the us in 1830/31 and only the wife and baby came back the daughters stayed.( we have no information on his wife or childern)My GG grandfather John Michael Gavagan immigrated to the USA in 1847+/- and married mary owens ( american born). We are not sure to which county he lived in but are leaning towards Mayo or Cavan. Any information would be appreciated.. darinc@slic.com

Roberta Lowe - 08:09pm Dec 1, 2002 Irish (#47 of 126)

Roberta Lowe

I am looking for information on the Lowe Family. Thomas Lowe married Lizzy Evans. Northern Ireland, moved to Belfast then Dublin. One son, George V. Lowe sent to England for school moved to Canada around 1916. Thomas was a police man in Dublin, when Lizzy died at the age of 28 six month after giving birth to George, Thomas then married her sister. George had a cousin Nat and Francis who also moved to Canada. Please contact me at robertalowe@hotmail.com

Nick Donnelly - 09:07pm Dec 28, 2002 Irish (#48 of 126)

Nick Donnelly

Looking for a Thomas Stephen Donnelly who married an Anna McCann and I believe settled in Michigan but also had some brothers who settled in Johnstown PA. Originally born in Dungannon, Co.Tyrone, Northern Ireland in 1860s. I have seen a message from a Mary Ellen Donnelly who may be a relative on another site, but have been unable to contact due to her email address changing. If any knows this family or Mary Ellen Donnelly (father Ronald Donnelly, Uncle Donald) please contact me.

Roberta Lowe - 08:57pm Jan 12, 2003 Irish (#49 of 126)

Roberta Lowe: looking for any information on Lowe family history. I have more information regarding Thomas and Lizzie Lowe, they lived at #1 St. Nicholas Street, District of Galway No.1, County Galway. Lizzie was born in 1867 and died February 13, 1895, maiden name was Evans. They had one son George Evans Lowe born August 4, 1894. Thomas married Lizzie's sister after her death. Thomas was also a member of the Royal Irish Constabulary. Son George was educated in England and moved to Canada in 1915. I know of cousins Nat and Francis that also moved to Canada. If you have any information please contact me @ robertalowe@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Louise Bradley - 02:56am Feb 8, 2003 Irish (#50 of 126)

My g/g/reatgrandad was John McEneany b15 aug 1828 married Eliza Burke b1839 ,John parents were Owen McEneany ,Bridget Ward. John was born Carrickmacross Monaghan,Eliza was born Wicklow they married Hobart Tasmania Austraila, they came to N Z they are both buried at St Batham New Zealand ,can any one help I have made my family tree back to this point.

DANIELLE SCAROLA - 05:25pm Feb 27, 2003 Irish (#51 of 126)

HI MY NAME IS DANIELLE . I AM TRYING TO FIND SOME FAMILY CONNECTIONS TO MY GGRANDMOTHER MARY GILMORE AND GGRANDFATHER JAMES EDWARD BOYD.SHE WAS BORN SEP 14TH 1886 AND HE WAS BORN NOV 1ST 1879.I KNOW THEY WERE MARRIED IN IRELAND AND HAD 2 DAUGHTERS JOSEPHINE BORN MARCH 5TH 1906 AND CATHERINE MY GRANDMOTHER BORN NOV 11TH 1907. ALL I KNOW ABOUT THEM IS THAT THEY LEFT IRELAND ON OCT 22ND 1910 FOR USA.THEY SAILED OUT OF LONDONDERRY ON THE SS FURNESSIA. AS FAR AS RECORDS SAY THEY WERE FROM KIRKUBBIN.I HAVE A PICTURE OF SOMEONE IN FRONT OF MT SAINT JOSEPHS CHURCH AND SCHOOL.AT THE BOTTOM IT SAYS BALLY CRAN KIRKUBBIN 853.C.H. IF ANYONE CAN HELP I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THERE PARENTS NAMES WERE WHICH PUT ME AT A DEAD END.PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT SHINYIIIS@MSN.COM THANKS IN ADVANCE

jeannine adamczyk - 09:43pm Jun 26, 2003 Irish (#52 of 126)

Doonan Corner, Has anyone in Ireland heard of it? I am hoping my family has a connection there. thank you . nena

Veronica - 06:39am Jul 6, 2003 Irish (#53 of 126)

Looking for Gregory/Glavin/Byrnes from Cavan - Co Monaghan - Dublin - London - Glasgow vafm@dodo.com.au

Denise West - 03:29pm Jul 18, 2003 Irish (#54 of 126)

looking for information on Bernard W. Sweeney, born 1767 Ireland. Immigrated to the South Carolina, married in South Carolina.

Thanks you, Denise BR3029@aol.com

Jim Kissock - 04:42pm Dec 1, 2003 Irish (#55 of 126)

Would like any info I can find on my Great Grandfather James Alexander Kissock, b, 26 Jul 1844, Belfast Ireland. He left Ireland on 1 Apr 1869 on the IOWA ship of Anchor Line of Transatlantic Steam Packet Ships and went to New York, USA and from there to St. Louis, Missouri. I have his last address in Ireland as Lisnamurrican, Broughshane, Antrim County. He was a learned man as he spoke five foreign langauges, but I have no other info. He may have dropped the Mc off his name and some of the family may have spelled the name Kissick. I have no other info on family in Ireland. If any one can help, I will greatly appreciate. Jim Kissock jim_kissock@hotmail.com

Diana Mathison - 06:08am Dec 27, 2003 Irish (#56 of 126)

I'm looking for any Mathisons or Matheson. My g/g/ggrandfather Malcolm Mathison was born in South Carolina, USA in 1813. The family story is that the family came from Ulster, county unknown. If anyone has any info that can point me to some family members, I would greatly appreciate it.

Diana Mathison gomez744@hotmail.com

Richard E. Daniels - 12:39am Dec 29, 2003 Irish (#57 of 126)

Looking for information on a Denna Hammond, approximate date of birth 1925-28, in Ireland or in USA ( of Irish parents). Was living in Kansas City, Missouri area @ 1945. Thank you.

Dave Young - 04:12am Jan 19, 2004 Irish (#58 of 126)

My name is Dave Young and I am looking for information about "Samuel Cairns","Sarah Agnes Harkness" or "William Young who married Mary Rexford at Hatley on October 12, 1841". I am trying to figure-out where in Ireland my family originated. Thanks!

katrina little - 11:59pm Feb 24, 2004 Irish (#59 of 126)

Hi, I'm trying to locate my mothers father or any relatives of,His name is Jack Pagan, if alive he'd be in his late 90s or abouts,Most likely born in Ireland or surroundings,all my mum can remember of him is that he had a very strong Irish accent,red hair and red beard(alot of)and he used to play old songs like Danny Boy on the harmonica.He lived in New Zealand, though I don't know for how long, the year wouldv'e been around 1952~1955,in the South Island, in a town called Invercargill. If you have any information ,please mail me at,resinleigh@bigpond.com

seth braden - 09:11pm Feb 28, 2004 Irish (#60 of 126)

my name is seth walters. i am 24 and my mothers last name is braden. i have been searching for a number of years for my families last name is ireland. it is i believe an offshoot of o'bradain. if anyone has anything on this please for god sakes end my searching. it is my sense of pride. thank you.

Lawrence Henry Oliver - 08:16am Mar 13, 2004 Irish (#61 of 126)

Looking for Oliver relatives My great grandfather George William Oliver imagrated to South Africa from Ireland between 1890 and 1914,Unfortunatily my grandfather passed away before we could find any information on our heritage.

TERESA A. DOTSON - 03:23am Apr 2, 2004 Irish (#62 of 126)

MY NAME IS TERESA DOTSON AND I AM LOOKING FOR THE PARENTS AND DESENDENTS OF JOHN MURPHY AND ANNE FEGAN MURPHY. THEY HAD 3 SONS, JOHN, HUGH, AND PATRICK, AND 3 DAUGHTERS, LIZZY, KATE AND MARY ANN MURPHY DRAKE. MARY ANN WAS BROUGHT OVER TO THE U. S. AND LEFT. SHE WAS MARRIED WHEN SHE WAS 13, SHOULD BE AROUND THE 1890 ON. MARY ANN HAD 4 BOYS, JODY, CHARLIE, STEVE, AND WILLY,(WHO DIED AT AGE 16 OF PNEUMONIA) AND 5 GIRLS, GRACE, MAUDE, MARIETTA, LIZ(WHO DIED AT AGE 20 FROM CANCER) AND KATHARINE DRAKE MCGREW( WHO IS MY GRANDMA, SHE WAS BORN 8-24-1906. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPREICATED. THANKS.

Debra Hedman - 11:32pm Apr 22, 2004 Irish (#63 of 126)

Looking for any family members by the name of Baker., my grandmother was Helen Baker born in Ireland.

norman_legault - 11:24pm Jun 10, 2004 Irish (#64 of 126)

loking for ann mckay born 1813 belfast ireland

norman_legault - 11:24pm Jun 10, 2004 Irish (#65 of 126)

looking for cornelius driscoll born 1801 cork ireland

Kathleen McQuade - 01:55pm Jul 13, 2004 Irish (#66 of 126)

Looking for info on Francis Andrew McQuade-D.O.B. 11/30/1890??.He is my Grandfather that died when I was a baby, so I don't have much info on him. May be from Cork County-Londonderry-Limerick County-Ulster County of Monaghan or Castle Blayney??. If ANYONE knows ANYTHING,please e-mail k.vivas@comcast.net

gillian norman - 08:36pm Aug 25, 2004 Irish (#67 of 126)

Gillian Norman Looking for any information about James Willington known to have been born in Ireland, went to live in London Newington area.Possibly born in 1844 or near,became head of a large family in England ,his brother Henry John Willington b/1864 lived with him until his marriage.Please e/mail on -----gillian_norman3@hotmail.com-- with any relevant info.The name ----WILLINGTON did change to --WELLINGTON ---at a later date.

More MessagesRecent MessagesAll Messages (59 following messages)

To post a message, compose your text in the box below, then click on Post My Message to send the message. (You may have to scroll down to see the Post My Message button.)

You cannot rewrite history, but you will have 30 minutes to make any changes or fixes after you post a message. Just click on the Edit button which follows your message after you post it.
You have guest access to browse, login, or register.

Irish Roots > Ireland Roots? > Looking for family roots in Ireland > Looking for family roots in Ireland

Useful Resources

Uncovering
Your AncestryThe eBook "Genealogy: Uncovering your Ancestry" has many useful tips for tracking down your genealogical past.

For help and tips in researching your Irish roots and what Irish Genealogical records are available on the Internet and offline plus tools and templates to make your job easier you should check out the Irish Genealogy Kit from Irish Genealogy Ancestry

| Irish Roots | Ireland's Diaspora | Irish Surnames |
| Genealogy & Family History | Starting Your Family History |
| Creating A Family Tree |Becoming an Irish Citizen | Irish Ancestry |

| Visit the Irish Roots message board for help in finding your Irish Roots |

Useful Links for Visiting Ireland

See Mayo Accommodation, Mayo Hotels, Roscommon Holiday, West Ireland Holdays, Connemara Accommodation and Ireland Accommodation for your accommodation requirements